A Lovely Starting

. Friday, March 23, 2007

"What has happened to me??", the first thing I asked myself after I gained my senses after 8 hrs. I looked at the time. It’s just 8:15 am. I wondered for sometime what should I do… I had several options, get out of the bed and brush, keep lying for a li’l while and throw out or keep lying and lying and lying.

I chose the first one. (Surprised??? Even I was… after all it was just 8 something in the morning) so I get up… just to realize what will I do getting up so early. An early start obviously means a longer day ahead. There was time when I liked…or rather loved those long, long days. But now I just feel that night might live a li’l longer.

I decided. Went to the basin, picked my toothbrush and then had an early morning glimpse of myself in the mirror… set my hair… and started brushing. When I got tired of that weird up-down movement of the brush, something clicked to me… NEWSPAPER. Rushed out to get the paper… I went through a few pages, checked my answers for last crossword puzzle… and quite happy with my performance…

I got bored again. I turned on the news channel… few minutes passed and I found myself surfing through channels… got bored… so early… yes I did… anyways thought to drink a cup of tea.

I know it’s a wonderful idea, but no milk at home. I checked my wallet and frowned… NO CASH ( I had to go to the ATM last night only, but I somehow managed to cut short my trip back home from office to buy fuel for the bike today, and yes, that made me plan to draw cash today).

But ATM is quite far. No options. “Lets search for coins around”, my not-so-active mind suggested. Started with the window platform, NO MONEY there… opened the closet, moving my eyes on all the corners of my rack, NO MONEY… but found something interesting: My Traveling Kit. I fiddled around with it. and HURRAY!!! found 2…another 2+1…. Yeah I found 5 bucks. Checked the time again... 8:45 am.

Now I needed 2.50 bucks more. I had been through all my wallets I don’t use now. I peeked in every spot of the house… all the boxes in kitchen. No help. Disappointed, I thought for a while… my TV still nattering something or other… my clock showing 8:55 am.

I looked around, comforted myself in the bed again and….. Zzzz….

3 comments:

A person in the crowd said...

well dude, happens it happens... we all face the same issues... so the best thing to do is to stay awake till late in the night and get up late... for ur doing nothing job.... well a million cups of coffee shud do good :D
u will definately have company for the same trust me.....

Horatio said...

its amazing to know that some choose the first option. Thought its a habit for people to choose override the first with the second. But happy to know that my perceptions of human nature weren't wrong as u finally took the second option or rather both .

Good to know it Test said...

Like, i already know you. Its a prodigy choosing the first option. Its great that you chose the correct option after 8:55. Something we call as " Der aaye doorust aaye ". The resurrection of "Only" after a few minutes or so is a matter of proud to me.
But you simply disappointed me doing such an act.
I had been thinking of a startup for the people with torpid state of slumber. You been one of the co founder. I have already found a few candidates. This turns out to be a huge dilemma for me. Now i have to rethink and that too over and over again.
Things change, and now i have a thought over getting ready in 5 minutes for the office when i wake up in the morning at 10:30 for a meeting at 10:45 in the office 15 kms away. The option one is only theoretically correct for such conditions as the same things happen with other members in the meeting too.

SO SLEEP TIGHT
BE IT MORNING OR BE IT NIGHT

Posts with Fame

Recent Views

Blog visits since 1/10/2008


Detailed one here

Notice Board

The owner of the blog decides on 'No More changes to the blog for few weeks now.' :) and he is happily liking his new blog look and features.

Labels